Combos are mutations working together to produce a unique effect - usually very deadly for any humans caught in the same room as the combo-infused zombie.
- Explode: gained in chapter one from a botched heist, the explode ability allows zombies to essentially blow them selves up which can blast through weaker walls, sturdy doors, or damage and infect nearby humans caught in the blast radius * regular zombies: causes them to inflate for a short period of time before exploding in a small radius, can be done mid air, costs 3 dna * Overlords: causes them to inflate for a moderate amount of time before exploding in a medium radius, sends out several more frag chunks that can do additional damage to nearby humans and environment, costs 6 dna * Crawlers: causes them to inflate for a short period of time before exploding in a small radius, can be done when clinging to walls without falling or mid air, costs 3 dna * tanks: causes them to inflate for a relatively long period of time before exploding in a very large radius, must be done on ground, costs 10 dna
- Jump: gained in chapter one at the grave yard party, this allows zombies to (as the name suggests) jump up to higher platforms they cannot normally reach * regular zombies: causes them to leap up in an arc over a short distance * Overlords: when applied they constantly throw zombies upwards to heights that they cannot reach with normal jumps or even down into a different arc, they can also make zombies be shot foward to get to their delicious prey faster, will not stop throwing unless canceled manually * Crawlers: causes them to jump the same height as normal zombies, the difference is they can cling to a wall if it is in the path of their jump and when on a wall can jump back and forth between two adjacent surfaces * tanks: makes them jump the same height as normal zombies, causes a shockwave when they land that kills humans and pushes back nearby ones
- run: gained when chasing the thugs in chapter one, gives zombies a burst of speed allowing them to chase down quicker prey * regular zombies: Makes them break out into a sprint and rapidly increases their attack speed, wears off after a short period * Overlords: any zombies that pass it will immediately start sprinting in the direction that the overlord orders them, will not stop ordering unless canceled manually * Crawlers: makes them break out into a run but partially slows their attack speed, wears off after a short period * tanks: Makes them break out into a charge after a full run, crushing any humans in their path instantly, will briefly pause after effect wears off
- scream: gained in chapter two in the subway, gives zombies the ability to scream/howl which can wake up sleeping zombies as well as temporarily stun any nearby humans * regular zombies: Makes them howl in a medium radius, stunning humans and waking up sleeping zombies regardless of barriers/walls between them * Overlords: makes them let out a loud growl in a large radius that wakes up sleeping zombies and causes the horde to crowd around said overlord, cannot stun humans, can be immediately changed to make zombies run/jump * Crawlers: makes them scream in a medium radius, stunning humans and waking up sleeping zombies, can be done on walls * tanks: Makes them roar which wakes up sleeping zombies and pushes back any humans caught in the blast into hazards or into other zombies
- spit: gained on the first level of chapter four, allows zombies to spit a wad of infectious goo that damages humans and wakes up sleeping zombies * regular zombies: Makes them hock a wad of green goo that splatters on contact with walls or humans, has near infinite range and is only limited by walls in the way * Overlords: makes them constantly spit in a fixed position over and over again like an automatic turret, range cannot be altered * Crawlers: Makes them spit out a wad of green goo that can ricochet, bounce, and roll off various surfaces until it hits a human, has near infinite range and is only limited by walls in the way * tanks: Makes them puke up a huge wad of green goo that splatters on contact with any surface and leaves behind a cloud of infection gas that causes humans to retreat or become infected depending on how long they stayed in the cloud for